- We don’t follow our dreams or even worse we never listen to our inner voices.
- Never take stock of what we want to do and have done.
- Never follow up on projects started.
- Lack of patience.
- Hang out with the wrong friends.
- Imitating others and lack the drive or the courage to be original
- Procrastination and lack of self confidence.
- We want instant payment and we are afraid to volunteer.
- We care less with the our little hard earn finances by purchasing unnecessary (impulse buying)things rather than save for the future. This doesn’t mean all the youths are like this there are many exceptional cases, but through the systems that most of us underwent we are financially illiterate. Among others…
Recently I came to notice there people who have reached a point they never submit their CV’s / resumes in search for a job because their development track records speaks for itself and is evident when you mention their names and they are at another level of ball game thus their net worth is super! In this case instead of looking for work, the work awaits for them or are created to fit them in any system. I will spare mentioning names for this time round but open your eyes wide and look around your society and you will have many answers.
My advice to young people in terms of increasing or boosting their Net Worth are;
- Be a specialist in your area of operation either in music, ICT etc. Do it at your level best!
- Develop a Unique Selling Point which can be even the people skills, Quality Assurance etc.
- Strive to learn something new every day, watch your learning curve growing.
- Don’t enroll in a course because of a friend or even with your parents persuasion. Listen keenly to the advice given and make the decision, and by doing so you shall have the zeal all time with you.
- Don’t do things primary for money but rather focus on how you can land many assignments like the current one by giving quality products or service.