Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Lectures At Ghetto Foundation (GF)

Ghetto Foundation (GF) is a community-based organization set up by a group of youth in the Mathare ghetto, Nairobi, Kenya, who have been able to escape a life of crime. Their hard and long journey out of crime and out of poverty has taught them the importance of self-esteem, of role models and of access to opportunities. This is what they now offer to their community.

During the Easter holiday (19th April 2014) I was privileged to connect with Ghetto Foundation members where I did facilitate on topics around peer pressure and choosing friends which is one of the challenges among the young people.

It is my sincere hope that all I shared and also learn will go a long way in creating positive awareness in our communities.

I thank all the Ghetto Foundation team for inviting me to facilitate, Muco my friend for tagging along, and Wilsen Initiative (Wi) team for their trust in my leadership.

Muco Amani fellow 2014 from Burundi stressing a point

Muco happy moment with the Children at Kiboro primary after the session at Ghetto Foundation


During the session...




No comments:

Post a Comment