Yusudi is a social enterprise, their vision is to have a prosperous society through enabling holistic, creative education unique to every individual. For more about Yusudi http://www.yusudi.co
Kusudi is a Kiswahili word that means intention, today I took the great intention to learn new insights about career growth and also learn from my peers by attending the Skills2Grow. It was amazing to see the room fully packed with young people, this confirms the statement of Kenya being a youthful nation. I had a great time and I would love to share with you some of my key take ways while also sharing some few pictures as captured. #throughMyLense
Here we go!
Key Take Aways: Event Planning
- Communication: I really love how the communication was administered especially using the electronic media which also came with timely feedback.
- Price: Spending my Kes 500 for the ticket matched the value for the money. The packages came with delicious lunch, tea / coffee, Uber taxi offer , session and cinema ticket.
- Panelist: Very experienced panel who really motivated us through their journey and how they applied different principles towards their success.
- Creativity: I love how we were intentionally made to interact and even mingled at different stages
- Connectivity: I like the walls created for example the resource wall, opportunity wall, democracy wall etc.
- Network Intelligence; My take is, as much as you would like to connect with almost everyone during an event, always be strategic and don’t distribute your cards anyhow, but share your inspirational pitch that would create interest for someone to want to hear more of what you do and later request your business cards. Through this approach many people who receive your business card would definitely search you on Google, email you or send a request for connections from different social media.
- Forming teams with common interest. Creating a great team is the most challenging, it is like searching someone for marriage.
- At least ask a question, either during big session or during the small groups and at one on one level.
- Plan your journey and be aware about yourself !
- Find a mentor, the process can take any agreed steps with your mentor and mentee.
- Everyone of us starts from somewhere...
- Instead of thinking failure, think set back and use those moments to lean back and find grounding for the next take off,
- It is hard to change the attitude of someone than to uplift their aptitude.
- Apply lateral thinking!
- The world is evolving at a high speed you need to be multidimensional in whatever you choose to do!