Pre and Post Production: Making Great Photos Basic 101
- Know your camera (Mobile phone, DSLR, Brand Canon, Nikon, Lens etc.).
- Think of the moment or story line before the shoot (Pre-production).
- Be present and embrace the moments.
- Don't stick to script too much, some great moments aren't planned.
- Shoot as many shots as possible then select later.
- Understand the theme of the event, do's and don't.
- Take the right gear with you, for example, there are many types of lenses for different purpose
- Learn the basics from shutter speed, Aperture, ISO, Light, Composition, Rule of third, Golden hour and style.
- Build a portfolio on our way up, dedicate time for pro-bono work.
- Never sop learning and learn from your mistakes. Editing is a skill you must master in the post-production.
Some photos as captured;
Are you a youth group with a desire to Skill UP? Get in touch with me for a session in photography, creative entrepreneurship, social media marketing, blogging, graphic design, web development and personal branding (life skills) write me at wilson.masaka[at]gmail.com