Vizazi is an international expert centre for interventions operating in the field of high quality counseling, training and supervision. More about Vizazi https://www.vizazi.org/
Topic of the day: Facilitation and Training skills.
- Content Vs. Context
- ASK Model.
- Facilitators might not be subject area experts like a teacher. They do have special training in group dynamics using processes such as conflict resolution, strategic planning and team building.
- A facilitator can quickly determine what the group knows so the group can proceed to build on that knowledge.
- The facilitator also helps the group evaluate what group members learned from their activities.
- Incharge of the learning environment (primary source of knowledge in a session).
- Responsible for creating lesson plans that direct the course of study students follow.
- Clear and concise objectives delineate what the student learns on any given day.
- Measuring how much information the student learns.
- Facilitation is a method of teaching, meaning a teacher can become a facilitator depending with the content (subject, objective etc.)
- An engaging personality (attitude) and teaching style.
- Good planner: clear objectives for lessons.
- Effective discipline skills (Time management, reliable & accountability).
- Good classroom management skills.
- High expectations (Quality standard).
- Knowledge of curriculum and standards (Trends, learner and innovator).
- Knowledge of subject matter
- Passion in teaching.
- Strong rapport with students and other trainers [everyone].
- Effective follow up system
- Skilled in the subject area.
- Quizzes and games.
- Small group discussions.
- Case studies (reviews)
- Q & A sessions
- Question cards.
- Participant control. (Group leader, self direct, moderator and facilitation).
- Brainstorming session (No wrong or right - Post it).
- illustration (white board, flip chart, smart screen).
- Coaching (focused on individual need)
- Use of multimedia ( Video, Pictures, text, sound, online reference etc).
- Group research & presentation (‘homework’ or in class)
- Individual research & presentation - ‘homework’ or in class assignment.
Note: We used the 21st Century skills to achieve our training goal namely;
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Creativity and imagination
- Critical thinking and Problem solving
|Group session and opening remarks|
|Lectures: Knowledge sharing|
|Presentation by the participants|
|Presentation by participants|
|Group assignment & team leader.|
|Brainstorming, & imagination|
|Imagination, Point of view, Team Challenge : What Do You See?|