As a passionate social entrepreneur, I love to create solutions based on the knowledge economy of existing and emerging trends where the creative people would get platform to learn other important aspects of their chosen craft that would connect the meaning and the money side.
Did you know you can have the right skills but fail to train the same in the right way? It becomes a double challenge, especially if you are to train a creative class with a bundle of knowledge. My passion and niche is in how to deliver quality training in a creative way using the right resources and more importantly, I encourage an environment where everyone learns including myself as the facilitator and lastly also important making learning to be fun.
I hope I just did that after honoring an invitation from Hope Raisers to train a group of creative people at their centre known as Bega Kwa Bega Creative Hub space in Babadogo.
The session was held on today (Wednesdays 20th November 201) and the main topic was on how to develop the entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on the mindset and the skill set required in their field of practice. In attendance we had Musicians, Dj's, Actors, Dancers, Photographers, Drummer, Song Creative writers among others who are on a different level in their creative life cycle.
The main objective of the session;
- Train on how to develop the right mindset and skill set.
- How to innovate around existing markets
- How to disrupt existing market in a positive way creating the next value chain.
- How to partner with other creative people in developing the business side of your craft.
- How to create meaning and eventual money.
- How to acquire the entrepreneurial mindset and skill set.
- How to use the business model canvas.
- How to create a Unique Selling Point (Unique Selling Point) in the creative sector where there are many other people doing the same things.
- Understand who is an entrepreneur and what pathways to take in a start-up.
- To kick-start the idea as an individual or as a team? What are the risks? Pro's and Conn's?
- How to spot opportunities.
- The business model canvas. Good reference click here!
- The Golden Circle. Watch The Golden Circle by Simon Sinek
In all the training I have facilitated either in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania it emerges that the majority of creative people are keen on improving their skills set which is more on the technical side and less in done in the other front of mindset which I would classify under soft skills. The soft skills here are the extras you bring into the craft which will create your unique identity, think about the attitude, professional ethics, pitching, teamwork, interpersonal skill, problem solving, innovation, creativity, adaptability, time management, personal branding, communication and so on.
Get in touch with me for a session with your team in photography, self marketing, storytelling, social media, blogging, communication, teamwork and many more.
The session is designed in three fold that is;
- The ATTITUDE side.
- The SKILLS side.
- The KNOWLEDGE side