July to Aug 2014: Successfully completed ten weeks of intensive Creative Entrepreneurship Course ( Certificate acquired from the GoDown Arts Centre). http://creativeentrepreneurshipkenya.org/ and http://creativeentrepreneurshipkenya.wordpress.com/
June 2013 to October 2013: Attained post graduate certificate in Social Innovation Management (SIM) at Amani Institute. http://www.amaniinstitute.org. Modules covered; Project Management, Bio-empathy, Tech for change, Storytelling, Design Thinking and Financial Administration. June
2012 to February 2013: Attended a two months fellowship program at D&F Academy now DoSchool – Hamburg, Germany. Worked in Kenya for 10 months implementing the project plan developed while in Germany. Project idea www.wilsen-initiative.org. Courses covered: leadership, project planning, media work, and project management. The DO School provides an innovative learning framework which aims to create real impact through our Fellows. The one-year DO School program is designed to train, mentor, and empower outstanding emerging social entrepreneurs to kick-start their own social ventures in their home countries. http://thedoschool.org/ and http://thedoschool.org/people/wilson-masaka/
2010 to 2011:
- Attained ICDL certification. Modules covered Basic Concept in IT, MS Office, and Information and Communication at Institute of Advanced Technology (IAT). Attained Certificate In Microsoft Office 2003 at Institute of Advanced Technology(IAT).
- Acquired certificate of participation in Application Development Processes ( ADP) facilitated by ECABO from Netherlands.
- Attained certificate in programming, designing and implementation of database with MS SQL server 2000, PHP, ASP, Linux and Visual basic 6.0 at InfoTech Training Centre.
- Attained certificates in web design using active server pages and Microsoft access 2003 at InfoTech Training Centre.
- Attained certificate in advance web development by Outdare Internet service BV (www.outdare.nl). Course covered: Php programming language, MySQL, CMS, HTML and CSS.
- Acquired certificate of participation in management of youth groups facilitated by NairoBits and Youth Initiative Kenya (YIKE).
1999: Attained Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) at Don Bosco Secondary School, Nairobi.