• The Butterfly paper No.1 featured story page 44
• Winner world ‘s best e-content in the category of creativity and culture at the World Summit Youth Award year 2005
• March 2005 attended the Doors of perception 8th conference doors8delhi.doorsofperception.com in New Delhi, India and represented NairoBits at the exhibition.
• Participated in the African Youth Foundation (AYF) essay competition in ICT and education in Africa.
• On September 2005 attend a workshop organised by YIKE (Youth Initiative Kenya) on youth leadership and obtained a certificate for participation.
• Award winner: Poster competition 2004 for young people which was organized by the Safer Cities Programme of UN-HABITAT to mark the World Urban Forum and sensitize young people on urban insecurity. ttp://www.unhabitat.org/programmes/safercities/award.asp
• Youth award.
By Masaka Wilson, Trainer at NairoBits Trust
At 22 years of age, Wilson Masaka Magambo’s Nairobits Digital Design School won the Creativity and Culture category by using digital design training to transform the lives of slum youth in Kenya. “Nairobits Digital Design School has been the vehicle out of poverty, unemployment and crime in some of the worst areas of Nairobi", said Wilson. “We hope the WSIS will bring new opportunities for growth and sustainability.” read more >
Job title past and currently
• Trainer / web developer / book keeper NairoBits Trust
• Senior trainer / interim manager Zanzibits
• Volunteer peer educator with MYSA
Some projects worked on..
Sports and documentary
- Secretary of Otto Benecker football girl’s team.
- Founder and head coach of Metro Sports FC which is youth lead initiative through sports
in the slum (football). Website: click here
- Captain of Mathare United U16 team, 1998 - 1999.
- Toured with Mathare United U16’s to the Norway Cup in Norway, 1997 - 1999.
- Played for Mathare United under 17 team, winning the Coca-Cola youth tournament in
- Captain of school team, Don Bosco secondary school.
- Winner of MYSA ‘Best Player’ and ‘Fair Play’ awards, 1999.
of NairoBits and the global impact of the internet. I was interviewed for the
programme by the presenter, Mariella Frostrup, and assisted the production crew
with their filming objectives during their stay in Nairobi.
The programme’s web site please click here...
• Web master.
• Start my organization.
• Financial stable.
• Help my family and my community in one way or the other.