I got the opportunity to train twenty youth ambassadors from Mukuru, Huruma, Mathare and Kibera under the C4D, safe & inclusive cities. We tackled different digital tools and platforms for example photography and social media. The training took place at Ngong Hills Hotels supported by Plan International Kenya.
The youth ambassadors are tasked with the responsibility of becoming good role models and catalyst of positive change in their communities by either organizing training, awareness campaigns or through documenting activities around safe and inclusive cities through different media platforms.
Brief summary of what we covered;
- Photography - how to create quality pictures using the available tool for example smart phones.
- Blogging - creative writing and storytelling.
- Social media - how to create strategies for community awareness through social media.
In pictures; below are some of the moments during the session;
- - Group work and discussions
- - Online research
- - Photography
- - Blogging
- - Social media and presentations
In case you want a group of youth to be trained on life-skill, photography, social media, creative writing, presentation skills, creative entrepreneurship and finances I'm here to connect with them offering the best experience ever for learning... Get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org please visit my blog too! www.wilsenx.blogspot.com