Sunday, December 7, 2014

Through My Own Lenses; a journey of Self Learning

 Learning a new skill is a personal undertaking, we shouldn't wait to be pushed around to learn or continue the process of self discovery. There are a million and one things that I haven’t discovered about myself, there are many hidden treasures in me and I have to do all that it takes to explore and use the precious commodity only found in me.

Everybody in this planet either rich or poor has 24hrs in a day, the only thing that separates us from the rest is how best we use our time is the biggest challenge in reaching your hidden treasure. Through my own lenses is a personal project that I started in learning new things as a designer, web developer, soccer coach, social entrepreneur and tutor.

Sometimes back I couldn't get time to learn or practice new skills because of many responsibilities were tagged with my name. I'm happy through the maze of many things I have developed a stronger DNA towards myself learning and time management to move forward and stay focused.

The ideas came into place to redesign my patterns of learning, planning and utilizing my time to the best that I could that’s where I discover the T-shape spirit in me. (The concept of T-shaped skills or T-shaped persons is a metaphor used in job recruitment to describe the abilities of persons in the workforce. The vertical bar on the T represents the depth of related skills and expertise in a single field, whereas the horizontal bar is the ability to collaborate across disciplines with experts in other areas and to apply knowledge in areas of expertise other than one's own.). 

One of the things I love doing is waking up in the morning reading or drafting a new insight or before I sleep I do the same. I love visual communication design and that is why I will continue digging to the bottom of my treasure and I will continue to share the journey with others so that it may trigger their patterns too in the best direction in whatever they choose to do.

Part of my work is through photography featuring events, sports and nature my biggest subject is people’s life from their homes, celebrations, energy etc.

Here is food for thoughts, are pictures taken or made?

This is the last post for 2014; I want to wish you all an enjoyable festive season full of great surprises about yourself and what you can do even better in 2015. Dig the treasures and in you and use them to prosper in 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment