Thursday, February 17, 2022

Sustaining Your Idea into the Next Level With Limited Resources.

 #TheUntoldStoriesOfFounders #TheFounderJourney #TheIdeaBubble The Idea Bubble - The Making Of Wilsen Initiative (Wi) ~  Did You Know Wilsen Initiative was founded based on the acronym W.I.L.S.E.N which is also one my nicknames? 

 The idea came about from my real life story of self, family and community that I believe if well told and documented could inspire many to take charge of their desired future by doing what they love, utilizing their skills, building relevant networks, embrace lifelong learning, family support and use their talents for prosperity. 

 W.I.L.S.E.N stands for:- 
  •  W - Willingness or Willpower to do what you love. 
  • I - Inspirational or Initiative. 
  • L - Lifelong learning. 
  • S - Success, what it means to you. 
  • E - Exploration or Exchange of ideas. 
  • N - Networking within and beyond. 
 The Genesis 

 Wilsen initiative (Wi) evolves around the story of self and the story of us, and collectively trying to find solutions to our problems through collaboration, skills and talent utilization. Since inception in 2000 the main tagline has been the Champion In You.

 I had the idea bubble (light bulb moment) when I was really going through rough times in life with a lot of uncertainty that affected my health. Pursuing education to the best of my desired levels was a great challenge leave alone our family trying to make both ends meet every day. I'm happy so far all the hurdles in the past were all conquered through a more deliberate move to understand myself and by using what I had especially talent and skill to build on other opportunities. 

 The champion in you is a philosophy that focuses more attention from inside out working around the values that would eventually push you to tackle any emerging life challenges. 

So between the year 2000-2010 the ideas revolved around myself trying to understand (self discovery moment); 
  1.  Who I Am. 
  2. What Are My Dreams. 
  3. What Skills Do I Have. 
  4. What Experiences Do I Need To Acquire. 
  5. Who is in My Network. 
  6. How Can I Be a Solution Provider in My Community. 
  7. What Do I love the Most. 
  8. What gaps are there in the society that I want to address, etc.
I have always tried to document my journey BITs and Pieces on my blog www.wilsenx.blogspot.com Later in 2011, after understanding the journey of self awareness and transformation Wilsen initiative (Wi) geared up with more stories of US where we could learn together, share our stories and build on our knowledge through collaborative learning. 

So far we aren't where we want to be but there are a number of great works we have achieved with limited resources from; 
  1.  T-shirt design campaign that reached more than 500+ people since inception between the year 2000 to 2021. 
  2. More than 5 creative art session for the kids. 
  3. More than 10 football tournaments for both juniors and seniors in Mathare North. 
  4. More than 300+ football shoes delivered to deserving kids from disadvantaged backgrounds in Mathare North under soccer shoes and other resource mobilization. 
  5. Awarded more than 10 teams with branded Wilsen initiative (Wi) jerseys. 
  6. Conducted more than 10+ Skill-UP master sessions in different locations 
  7. In 2010 established Mathare North Rangers Football club (juniors and seniors) 
 All these great milestones and achievements have been made possible by the support from my personal contribution, friends and family. 





I encourage all my friends to support us further in making sure our work is sustainable and predictable. Currently, we only plan whenever the resources are confirmed and available. 

 "Any idea that is developed by starting with the end in mind stands a better chance of growth than an idea which stands on random and reactionary approach" - Wilson Masaka, founder Wilsen Initiative Wi, Youth Advocate and Social Entrepreneur. 

 "Don't let your idea bubble bust just because you missed a certain resource, use what you have to get started while the rest will build up slowly." ~ Wilson Masaka Youth Advocate and Social Entrepreneur. 

 Thanks to everyone who have always supported us in different ways. More about Wilsen initiative (Wi) www.wilseninitiave.wordpress.com Be intentional! #StrategicThinking #CriticalThinking #MissionVision Do More | Be More | Be Different

No comments:

Post a Comment