Thursday, December 31, 2020

Story Telling - How Well Do You Know Your Story

 Story Telling " The best story teller of your story should be YOU" - Wilson Masaka, Youth Advocate & Social Entrepreneur 


Did you know there are many versions of our stories? It takes great skill to tell it well, #WellToldStories  I decide to share my story so that others may find hope, courage and focus in their own journeys. 

Everyone has a story which can be similar, different or unique but no one can tell your story better than you. It take great skill to ;- 

  1. Present your story 
  2. Own your story 
  3. Share your story 
  4. Write your story 
  5. Narrate your story 
  6. Know your story 
  7. Be your story 
Link up with me for skill up master sessions in 2021. My January calendar is open, I do freelance consultancy and training for different targeted groups. Book me today! Good read for more great story telling quotes at https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/storytelling-quotes Startup journey 101 #FoundersJourney Blood, Sweat and Tears... 


Somebody once told me two things; 
  •  If you have an idea look for money. 
  • If you have money look for an idea. 
  • I agree, but one thing he didn't mention which I have experienced. If you have an idea, passiion and no money you can still make your idea happen. Wilsen Initiative since inception I have been looking for funds to support the educational pillar which needs quite a number of resources from physical space, computers, personnel, library section etc. Having no funds in place hasn't deterred me from pursuing my mission towards the vision through my individual efforts and my extended networks especially for the soccer pillar. More about the project www.wilseninitiative.wordpress.com 

    10 things you can consider to kick-start your idea in 2021 with less budget or zero budget. You just need to:- 

    1. Segment your idea into smaller bits that doesn't require a big budget. 
    2. You need to build a network of support there are things you can't do alone. 
    3. Give your best in terms of Commitment, Consistency and Culture.
    4. Celebrate your small wins, document every step of your journey. It is what will also encourage you to do more and be more.
    5. Think impact not money, even though money makes a difference if you don't have it, still strive to create an impact at the individual levels.
    6. Build meaningful networks that you can rely on to amplify the idea to the next level.
    7. Don't forget to develop yourself as the idea evolves, it might need more skills. 
    8. Look for mentors, they come handy when you run out energy and resources.
    9. Have something else that you're doing that pays your bill because if your life is shaken your idea also will fade.
    10. Create room for freedom, choices, breaks and learn from failure. Don't beat yourself too hard when things aren't working. Love what you do, do what you love.
     I take this opportunity to say a big thank you for everyone who has supported my vision. I want to wish you all the best in 2021. www.wilsenx.blogspot.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment