Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The Power of a Name

#PersonalBrandIdentity #MakingOfAchampion How many nicknames do you have? Did you know your nicknames forms part of your personal brand identity? 

Did you know it can inspire you to make that needed change or platform in the society? 


I had a tough time to choose which nickname to print on my soccer jersey as you might know I have many from Maja, Gambrez, Gambino, Oruma, Captainy, Coaches, Wilsen-X, Wilsen, Mentor, Ticha, just to mention but a few. All this nick names carries great stories of my different life journey either in youth spaces, soccer, ICT, career, global exposure, social entrepreneurship etc. 

Well, out of the many nicknames that I have, one on top of the list is WILSEN with the tagline the champion in you, this was inspired way back in 1997 on our journey to Norway cup selections to represent the country under the umbrella of MYSA. 

The selections were tough where hundreds of talented soccer players from more than 16 zones presented themselves for the 16 available slots. Long story short, I made it to Norway cup in 1997, 1998 and 1999. I was the assistant captain in 1998 and full team captain in 1999. One special thing about my name that you don't know is that it's an acronym W.I.L.S.E.N which continues to inspire me to do more and be more in all spheres of life. 

So what is W.I.L.S.E.N inspired philosophy 

  •  W - Willpower 
  • I - Inspiration 
  • L - Learning 
  • S - Success 
  • E - Exploration 
  • N - Networking 
Read more on http://wilsenx.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-making-of-champions-of-life.html?m=1 

 The Wilsen philosophy gave birth to the Wilsen Initiative (Wi) Inspire / Connect / Educate and +throughMylens and there is more to come. 

































I'm not done, I'm work in progress... LEARN MORE A BOUT Wilsen Initiative (Wi) The project Wilsen Initiative (Wi) www.wilseninitiative.wordpress.com I hereby seek support to institutionalize the Wilsen Initiative (Wi) and take it to the next level. The Passion is there, ideas tested, team check, but we are limited with resources especially funds to run our programs within a calendar year. 

I also take this opportunity to thank everyone you have supported my journey in one way or the other. Program in brief :- 
  1.  Training boot-camp for children and youth
  2.  Annual soccer' tournament featuring different age groups. 
  3. Education Resource centre for children and youth. (Still pending due to lack of funds)
  4. Professional soccer clinics 5. Resource mobilization for U12 - U14 from soccer shoes, balls, uniforms etc.
 Let me know if I should share more information incase you want to support one of our programs. My email wilson.masaka@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment