Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Wilsen Initiative (Wi) Soccer Shoes Campaign 2021

Ongoing Through the Year for U10 to U15 years. Wilsen Initiative - A shoe a month still makes a difference in someone's soccer' journey. Raising the Bar Beyond Self! Tagline:- Play Safe with Dignity. My target this year is to reach at least 50 young stars (U10 - U15) from underserved communities in Mathare North with quality pairs of soccer shoes. Yesterday I delivered four pairs to make it 10 soccer shoes so far delivered, now remaining 40 as per my target. 

 To make it sustainable, I make necessary efforts to encourage the parents and guardians to buy a second pair once they wear out. The problem we have is a society where parents and guardians don't support the extracurricular activities, especially in sports as one of the avenues of building a career and an all rounded person. Due tough economic situations and unexplained issues, buying a soccer shoe in the most underserved family isn't a priority. 

My story is a testimony which drove me to start this initiative in the year 2000. Call To Action I invite you to be part of this change process by donating a pair or two. I thank all my friends and my family for supporting the calls since inception in the year 2000. 

I want to encourage you to never give up, change is a gradual process and in this case I want to inspire and challenge a mindset that will reach the parents and guardians and the entire community to take sports in this case soccer as a serious venture by investing in their children at the earliest age. 

There are many benefits that a child gets being part of a well organized soccer team /club for example; 

  1. They learn the soccer skills and drills. 
  2.  Improve self esteem.
  3.  Guidance and mentorship from senior coaches. 
  4. Improved teamwork.
  5. Leadership roles, for example being a captain.
  6. Accountability of behavior away from home.
  7. Physical and psychological well-being. Etc. 
Through Wilsen initiative, we want to offer the best experience for the children's growth in soccer while we encourage them to observe the best values that will take them beyond the youth life. We also support education has one pillar of success which, if paired with a great talent good chance of many doors of opportunities will open. 

 +throughMylens #MathareNorthSoccer 

 I don't only want to showcase our soccer journey, but I want to do something by changing it for better, especially with special attention to our young stars who are between U10 to U15. I used to play barefoot so I understand how it feels, read more about how I acquired my first soccer shoes which made me never to look back in helping the young stars where I can.


Best Quote; 

 "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." - John Bunyan
















No comments:

Post a Comment