Thursday, September 10, 2026

Football Shoes Drive, Play Safe With Diginty

⚽ PLAY SAFE WITH DIGNITY

#Founders360 | #FootballMadeMe | @Wilsen Initiative (Wi)

THE GENESIS

The Play Safe With Dignity Football Campaign was born from personal experience.

Growing up, I played football barefoot.

Like many children from underserved communities, I knew what it meant to chase a dream without the basic equipment needed to play safely. Every match came with the risk of cuts, bruises and injuries, but our passion for football kept us going.


More than 30 years later, the story looks remarkably familiar.

Every weekend, I spend time watching football matches, from U10 to senior teams, and through my camera I see more than just the game.

I see the struggle.
The unspoken stories.
The passion.
The dreams.
The resilience.

All wrapped in bumpy, dusty fields where young players continue to show up, weekend after weekend, because they believe in the game they love.

Apart from my photography journey, I get to meet talented boys and girls playing with the same passion and determination that defined our generation.

Having come full circle from playing football in an informal settlement to now documenting and supporting young players I see things differently.

The dust.
The barefoot players.
The limited equipment.
The pressure on young players.
A different generation.
The same passion.
Similar challenges.

And it got me thinking:

How can I help improve their journey?

THE BIG QUESTION ⁉️

If there is one question every young footballer should be asking, it is:

“How do we transition to the next level of football, and how can football help us build a more sustainable livelihood, considering where we come from?”

Because football should be more than just a game.

It can be a pathway to discipline, education, opportunity, networks, exposure and a better future.

WHAT'S NEXT 🎯

September – December 2026

Upcoming activities, subject to availability of resources and support:

⚽ U10 / U15 Football Tournament
⚽ She Can, I aM a sHERO — Football & Life Skills Event

ONGOING 👟

Play Safe With Dignity Football Shoes Drive

Every year, I target to provide at least 35 pairs of football shoes to deserving young players.

I know it's tough.

But it's doable.

And we don't simply give shoes to anyone.

We deliberately identify young players who demonstrate talent, discipline, commitment and dedication.

🤝 JOIN THE JOURNEY

You can support this initiative through football shoes, resources, partnerships, sponsorship or any other form of support.

If you would like to be part of the journey, get in touch:

📧 wilson.masaka@gmail.com

Let's give young footballers more than encouragement.

Let's help them play safe, play with dignity, and build a pathway beyond the game.

Do More / Be More / Be Different

#PlaySafeWithDignity #FootballMadeMe #Founders360 #WilsenInitiative #FootballForDevelopment #YouthDevelopment #GrassrootsFootball #FootballForLife #SheCan #IAMAShero

No comments:

Post a Comment