A to-do list tells you what you planned to do. A time audit helps you understand what you actually did, how you spent your time, what you accomplished, and where your time went.
Use your dail4y to-do list as the foundation, then conduct a weekly review to evaluate your efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, learning, and use of time.
Weekly Time Audit Questions
-
What new skill or knowledge did I acquire this week?
-
How can I apply the knowledge and skills I currently have to create value or earn a living?
-
At what time of day am I most productive?
-
What were my most reliable sources of knowledge and learning?
-
Where did I experience time lapses, loops, or leakages?
— Where did time disappear without producing meaningful results? -
How did my performance this week compare with last week?
-
What were my biggest sources of distraction?
-
How many hours did I spend resting, recovering, or away from screens?
-
Where did I donate my time?
— Which activities, people, or commitments received my time without necessarily giving me meaningful value in return? -
What did I accomplish this week that was actually important—not just urgent?
-
Which tasks on my to-do list remained unfinished, and why?
-
How much time did I spend on activities that directly contributed to my goals?
-
How much time did I spend consuming information versus creating, applying, or sharing knowledge?
-
What activity consumed the most time this week? Was it worth the time invested?
-
What activity produced the greatest return on my time?
-
Which tasks could I have delegated, automated, simplified, or eliminated?
-
When was I most focused, and what conditions helped me achieve that focus?
-
Which commitments or activities no longer deserve as much of my time?
-
Did my daily activities reflect my current priorities and long-term goals?
-
What did I procrastinate on, and what was the reason?
-
What unexpected opportunities emerged from how I used my time?
-
What relationship, conversation, or connection benefited from the time I invested?
-
What did I do this week that moved me closer to the person I want to become?
-
What should I START doing next week?
-
What should I STOP doing next week?
-
What should I CONTINUE doing because it is working?
-
What is the ONE change I can make next week that will improve how I use my time?
The Bigger Question
At the end of the week, ask yourself:
“If someone looked at how I spent my time this week, would they see evidence of the life I say I want to build?”
Because time management is not simply about doing more. It is about making sure your time, energy, skills, priorities, and actions are aligned with what matters to you.
Do More. Be More. Be Different.
— Wilson Masaka

No comments:
Post a Comment