Friday, November 19, 2021

Grade 3 Assignment - Creativity & Innovation CBC Curriculum.

#Parenthood #ParentGood #parentsmeeting

On 11th November 2021 I attended a parent meeting for my son's class, grade 3. Top on the agenda was the CBC curriculum and the project that we were informed to guide our children develop. 

I used to feel very happy whenever my dad attended school meetings or made those an announced stop overs to check on me while at school. Now it is my turn to be there for my children. 

I will always make time for my children to have this experience which is unmatched and it's one of the gifts you can give your children. 

 Highlights of the weekend assignment from the meeting #CreativityAndInnovation 

1. Practice and dance with your child a folk song. 
2. Create ornaments with available resources.
3. Cook a traditional meal from your community and take pictures of the same. And many more! 

As a creative parent, I understand where this is leading towards promoting a more creative mind in our children. #TheLeftRightBrain This assignment wasn't tough for me because it was my daily 'cup of tea' and I saw no hurdles in helping my son finish the assignment. 

The most important part that I enjoyed most was the skills transfer through a creative process that was fun and full of exploration. 

 Below is part of the process. 

  1.  Collect all materials that we required. 
  2. Make a sketch of the concept.
  3. Develop further. 

















 Special acknowledgement to my wife who also contributed to the assignment. May God bless us all to go through the new curriculum known as Competency Based Curriculum (CBC). 

No comments:

Post a Comment