Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Tribute To Dad and Mum

#Parenthood #ParentGood #MyHeroes #MyDNA Life Series... #UntoldFamilyStories 

Today I want to give special tribute to my late Dad and Mum who departed in the year 2014 and the year 2001 respectively. 

Out of the many values bestowed on us, I want to acknowledge the unlimited love, care and mentorship provided by my parents. My mum was a resilient entrepreneur and a disciplinarian, she taught us many things from being responsible, taking care of each other and the house chaos. 




Going against the norm, she could make sure everyone got tasks based on shift  from house chaos like laundry, cooking, bathing the young ones etc. Today I understand why and I thank you for those special skills that is rarely found within the boy child because many parents believed or some still believe that house chaos was / is for the girl child. 

My Dad on the other side was a great sportsman, he played hockey, played football and tug of war. As a policeman he was still a humble and outgoing, he taught us many things too. One of the main highlights is instilling the values of living together as one family unit in all manner of circumstances.

As the head of the family, whenever the family could face different challenges he could still stay calm and act as our shock absorbers making sure everything looked okay from our side while he made all the efforts to provide the necessary support. 

Out of the many lessons picked I will live to treasure the love, care, time, training, etc. they dedicate in all of us to live as responsible adults  especially when faced with different life challenges. 

There are many great things I can say about my parents and how they brought us until they departed this life, the best reward is to transfer the same values inculcated in us to the next generation. 

Mum and Dad may your big heart of generosity, hard work, togetherness, resilience, love and care continues to reign in our families. 

May God continue resting your souls in eternal peace. 

 Lastly, is it true or false; - The way you bring up a child is how he /she ends up being #Kiswahili #Proverb "Mtoto umleavyo ndiyo akuavyo." Featured photo of My dad, mum and myself taken on different years.

"Work hard, respect your parents, dream big, say a word of prayer and be contented with what you have." - My parents 

 "There will come a time you will not have both parents who can provide you all that you want or need, just appreciate and be contented with what has been offered today and tomorrow is another day that stands a chance for many great things. - My mum

No comments:

Post a Comment