Saturday, May 6, 2023

Africa Trainer Awards (ATA)

Bits & Pieces +throughMylens

Breaking The Barriers! 05.05.23

It was an honour to attend the nomination gala night with the Zydii personnel and my fellow nominees at their offices in ABC Place in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.

Zydii launched the Africa Trainer Awards (ATA)-the first-of-its-kind program in Africa to celebrate trainers in different fields that have made impact in the society.

About 600 applications for nominations in various categories were submitted in total, and 20 candidates made the cut for the final list of nominees after a rigorous process of selection by the judges. I felt honoured to place in the top 20 among career trainers.  The occasion was filled with pomp and meeting other trainers in the industry served as a wonderful networking opportunity. 

Training may be both a job and a calling, and it eventually ceases to feel like work
when you're truly passionate about imparting knowledge and skills to others.






















Brief History of My Journey As a Trainer

I began my formal training in 2003, and for sixteen years I worked at NairoBits Trust as a senior trainer, graphic designer, and developer. 

I worked for the same organisation in a variety of capacities, including bookkeeper and training coordinator. I also had the opportunity to oversee other training missions in Zanzibar Stone Town, Musoma Tanzania , Arusha Tanzania, Kampala Uganda and Arua Uganda.

As a freelance consultant, trainer, facilitator, and social entrepreneur, I entered the world of self-employment in 2017. I enjoy sharing knowledge and building learning platforms for people, especially young people, with the main objective of inculcating a culture that I call  Learn To Learn (L2L).




Opinion Corner #LifeLongLearner

I think that if we make a conscious effort to be lifelong learners, we can learn anything from anyplace on any platform.

Before the year is over, I hope to train atleast 500 young people in different youth spaces. I would want to use this opportunity to express my gratitude to everyone who has allowed me to train their teams on various occasions, notably as a freelance consultant trainer / facilitator.

Highlights of organizations that I have offered services as a freelance consultant trainer and facilitator;

Short Assignments.

Plan international Kenya (C4D), Maji Mazuri, Oasis Mathare, Care Kenya, Generation Shapers, Cusson PZ Football team, Mathare North Youth football team, Mathare Flames Sportive, Angaza Sports For Development, NairoBits Trust, Integrated Education For Community Empowerment (IECE) just to mention but a few.

Ready To Work - Mission

I have a strong desire to help young people grow their abilities and the necessary skills that will eventually increase their prospects of success in the labor market as self-employed and employed individuals.

Areas Of Expertise;

[Digital Skills Training, Creativity, Innovation, Training of Trainers, Project management, Content Creation, Web design, Organisation Culture, Team Building, Graphic Design and
Communication for Development]

There many sub topics for example; how to search the internet, smartphone photography, social media content creation, photography, graphic design, financial literacy, computer software packages, personal branding – digital foot-prints, blogging, presentation skills, info-graphic just to mention but a few.

www.wilsenx.blogspot.com
Do More / Be More / Be Different

No comments:

Post a Comment