Thursday, May 11, 2023

Football is One of My Core DNA

 Kisengere Nyuma, Yaani TBT' #ThrowBackThursday

It as been six years since I created my www.facebook.com/MathareNorthSoccer page, where I share all the images, particularly those that feature football +throughMylens.

I appreciate sharing our grassroots football journey from the viewpoints of the teams and the players, which is one of the reasons I established +throughMylens.

The Genesis

There were no smartphones or digital cameras to record our stories more than 30 years ago when I was a little boy playing football in the Mathare slums.

I can't find any pictures of us playing football when I was a kid. During the Kodak camera era, we used to have a photo album full with images of our family taken on important occasions, such as Christmas, birthdays, funerals, and visits to the home of our "rich uncle," to mention a few. 

I've looked through my document archive, but I can't seem to locate any of the pictures of me playing football when I was 10 to 35 years old. I just have a photo album from the Norway Cup experience.

If you have any pictures of me playing football at the grassroots, kindly tag me in them. 

The New Era!

The new era of smartness is here with us don't be left behind. Thanks to smartphones, smart TVs, IOT, AI, etc. We can now use technology to capture and share our adventure in a number of digital formats across a wide range of online channels and platforms. 

Quote - ∆ Photography

"As a photo ages, its content becomes more rich." - Wilson Masaka +throughMylens

Anyway, here is one of my images that I was fortunate enough to discover and that makes me nostalgic. 

#WordPower #WordsOfWisdom 

I'd like to share with you the WhatApp message that my older sister sent me the other day. 

"Don't allow the difficulties of today determine your future. Na alicho kupangia Mola lazima kita timia maana haadi zake ni za milele. Trust the process..." - Nana 

Football is One of My Core DNA

E




Different moments from my football career are shown in the photo, including my son Adrian, my daughter Debrah, and some U10 players during the play safe Football Shoes drive, to which I contributed some pairs. 

The campaign lasts the entire year, and you are encouraged to support the cause by donating any football equipment or resources that can assist grassroots football teams between the ages of U10 and U15 play honourably and injury-free. 


Learn more about the campaign for football shoes. https://wilsenx.blogspot.com/2022/12/play-safe-with-dignity-how-it-all.html?m=1


Do More / Be  More / Be Different

www.wilsenx.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment