Friday, January 27, 2023

+throughMylens // Consult

My name is Wilson Masaka, I have over 18 years of experience working with various groups from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zanzibar. I'm a social entrepreneur with a goal to teach 5000 young people by the year 2030. I also work as a graphic designer, photographer, facilitator, and trainer. My passion is to work on community development initiatives that embrace many cultures, technology, creativity, and innovation.

I especially like making a positive impact on the lives of young people and children. I started Wilsen Initiative (Wi) in 2000 with the goal of empowering and educating young people to use their acquired knowledge and special talents to make a difference in their communities. Being a lifelong learner, my desire for providing high-quality education that aids young people in adjusting to technological advances is an ongoing endeavor. 

 I bring to the table values, expertise, and experiences I've gained from working in many contexts both domestically and abroad, which I feel will impact fresh ways of thinking in addressing pressing issues pertaining to the youth sector. Computer literacy, communication, problem-solving, and planning are just a few of the skills that are included. 
















+throughMylens is a freelance venture that seeks to create value by training diverse groups in 21st century skills as a way of creating solid foundations in readiness for the world of work both as employees and self-employed.

I provide professional mentoring, training, and consulting services for a fee in a range of fields, including graphic design, branding, photography, social media, story-telling, TOT, creative entrepreneurship, presentation skills, online research, creative ICT, financial literacy, blogging, project management, business model canvas, organisation change management and life skills training. My primary target audience consists of youth centers, community football clubs, community based organizations, youth-led initiatives, and any other organized groupings. 

 The Gap - Knowledge Economy 

I've been teaching, mentoring, coaching, and facilitating for more than 18+ years, and over that time I've come to understand the need to encourage a new method of learning in order to cope with the rapid changes happening in all industries. My point of view is, your schooling will mostly prepare you for some realities, but the "street school" will put your knowledge to the test as you learn new skills and as you prepare your mind to handle new obstacles that weren't covered in the constraints of the classroom. I love training young people on how to embrace existing and emerging trends in business and technology while also challenging them to think of the next innovation on how to solve existing problems in the society. I have deliberately set my journey to help the youth learn to learn while bridging the existing gaps using acquired knowledge, talent and skills in diverse field. 

My end goal in any session is to build the capacity of the participants using the T.A.S.K model which stands for Tools, Attitude, Skill and Knowledge. My vision is to train more than 500 youth per year from marginalized communities with an aim of nurturing a community of a more informed youth who will create positive chains of events in different spheres of life using their talents, knowledge and skills.

Target Group

I'm willing to working with a variety of groups, and all of my content is particularly tailored to satisfy the demands of the client and the target audiences. 

 More reference; 
Do More / Be More / Be Different

No comments:

Post a Comment